Friday, May 4, 2007

Canadian Bioinformatics Workshop

Hello Blogosphere! I told myself about a month ago that I would stop lurking around everyone else's blog and start contributing once I had a free afternoon. Well I am finally here!

A couple of days ago I was asked to be a TA for the upcoming Canadian Bioinformatics Workshop and I graciously accepted. I am really excited to get a chance to do some teaching. I have been lucky enough to obtain funding for all of my graduate career thus far, so I haven't been required to TA any courses before. It looks as if I will be leading a lecture on global genome alignment tools, which is great since I have been using one such tool called Mauve in my personal research (soon to be submitted). Luckily, I don't have to start from scratch since I get to use material from last year's presenter Mike Brudno, who is the creator of the LAGAN alignment tools. Surprisingly, he didn't include any other tools besides his own in his lecture last year. I guess it is natural to talk about what you know best. :)

1 comment:

Pedro Beltrao said...

Welcome :). Always nice to have more science related blogs around. Blog away.